Cron jobs run scheduled commands at specific times. The Cron Jobs tool in cPanel is helpful for setting up automated maintenance and other unmanned server duties.
To create a cron job:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Advanced section, click Cron Jobs.
- Under Cron Email, make sure the current email address is valid. If not, enter a new, valid email and click Update Email. You will receive an email after the cron job has finished.
- Under Add New Cron Job, use the Common Settings drop-down menu to choose from a list of regularly used intervals; or set the frequency of your cron job by using the drop-down box next to each time unit. Common settings range from every minute to once a year.
- In the Command field, enter the desired command.
- Click Add New Cron Job.
Your cron job will then be execute a file at a certain time, date and repetition, according to the settings you selected.
Remove or Edit a Cron Job
To remove or edit a cron job:
- In the Advanced section of cPanel, click the Cron Jobs icon.
- Scroll down to the last section called Current Cron Jobs.
- Find the cron job you wish to edit or delete.
- Under Actions, for the appropriate cron job, click either Edit or Delete.