High MySQL database usage on shared hosting accounts
Possible causes of high MySQL usage
A simple explanation for high MySQL usage is that your account's site or sites receive a lot of traffic. In other words, your site is popular, which is good news! If this is the case, please contact our Sales team to discuss possible upgrade options.
However, in other cases, high CPU usage from database processing is unintentional and caused by other factors. The following list describes some common software issues that can cause high CPU usage from database processing. Resolving these issues does not require an upgrade:
- Recent changes to the website may have included database queries that are too resource-intensive. This can be caused by a new custom query that you or your developer wrote.
- Running Cron jobs too frequently—particularly resource-intensive cron jobs—can negatively impact MySQL performance. Only run cron jobs as often as necessary. On shared hosting accounts, the shortest allowed interval for cron jobs is 15 minutes.
- Comment spam on a forum or blog such as Wordpress can affect MySQL usage.
- On most blogs, it is possible to disable commenting. If you want to allow comments, however, you may need to implement CAPTCHA protection for your website. For more information about how to do this:
- A hacked account often causes abnormal MySQL usage. Make sure you use a secure password and keep all software up to date Make sure you keep all installed web applications up to date.
- If none of the previous scenarios apply to your account, it may just be outgrowing what a shared server can handle. You should consider upgrading to one of our affordable VPS plans at : http://myresellerhome.com/cheap_linux_vps_servers.php
Was this answer helpful?
Basically, sites whose essential purpose is to use disk or bandwidth. When making a website, you...
MyResellerHome.com offers unlimited bandwidth and disk space. To further elaborate on that,...
As described in our Terms & service, C Panel backups older than 90 days in a customer account...
Possible causes of high CPU usage A simple explanation for high CPU usage is that your account's...
A simple explanation for high bandwidth usage is that your account's site or sites receive a lot...