If you wish to run Python scripts in your hosting account, you can create and edit them in two ways: either in cPanel or via SSH.
To create and edit Python script in cPanel use the following steps
1. Log in to your cPanel:
2. Go to section Files > File Manager
3. You can choose whether you want to run script in cgi-bin folder or outside it.
cgi-bin folder contains executable CGI scripts. If the file should be placed out of cgi-bin folder, .htaccess should be created additionally.
- In order to run Python script in cgi-bin folder follow the steps
- Go to cgi-bin folder.
- Vreate the file with .py extension for example nctest.py in /home/cPuser/public_html/cgi-bin directory (where cPuser is your actual cPanel username).
5. In order to create the file, click New File > specify the name of the file with the required extension and click Create New File:
6. Change the permission of the file to 0755
7. In order to change the permissions of the file you need to select the file > click Change Permissions > Mark Execute for User, Group, World columns and click Change Permissions
8. Open the file, click Edit and add the code.